As with any medical procedure, this treatment must be performed by qualified personnel such as a doctor or medical assistant. Beware of spas, salons, or other places that allow non-medical personnel to perform this treatment. Hair color and skin type affect the success of best and effective laser hair removal in Calgary.
Make an appointment with your doctor before laser hair removal. Doctors will use these visits to:
1. Review your medical history, including any medications you are taking.
2. Discuss the risks, benefits, and expectations, including what laser hair removal can and cannot do for you.
3. Discuss options and answer your questions about laser hair removal.
4. Take photos to use before and after long term evaluations and reviews.
5. Be sure to discuss the treatment plan and associated costs during the consultation. Laser hair removal is usually a cost factor.
6. Your doctor will also suggest specific guidelines to help you prepare for laser hair removal. As an example:Stay away from the sun.
Some doctors recommend avoiding sun exposure for up to six weeks before laser hair removal. Tanning the skin increases the risk of side effects, such as: B. Skin lightening. If you have tanned skin from sun exposure or non-sun tanning products, wait until the tan has completely faded before undergoing laser hair removal. Sun exposure reduces the effectiveness of laser hair removal and can increase the risk of post-treatment complications.
Avoid plucking, waxing and electrolysis. If you are planning laser hair removal, you should avoid other hair removal methods such as plucking, waxing and electrolysis, which destroy hair follicles and interfere with laser hair removal. Shaving is good because it protects the hair and follicles. Some studies show that shaving before laser hair removal can improve results.