The main reasons for 2D animation being so attractive are as follows. There are many well-established 2D animation styles, having their own unique style and taste. This allows a lot of creative freedom with many animation styles.
As a result, it can be followed and customized accordingly e.g. anime, stick figures, digital cutouts, etc.
- 2D animation has got easy storyboard and it can be produced faster considering the time to market and many other business difficulties it has got the upper hand in comparison to 3D animation.
- 2D animated videos can be changed easily as the process is less.
- Even simple 2D animation which has got a good story concept, screenplay, and perfect execution will leave the audience mesmerized.
- 2D animation works great if you want to present interesting characters, concepts and storylines.
- 2D is cheaper and faster to produce, considering time constraints and many other issues. It has got an upper hand in comparison to 3D animation.
- From the social marketing perspective, you would need is a good narration and a convincing storyline leading to a ‘call to action CTA. This leads to higher levels of conversions.
- Low production cost is cheaper in comparison to 3D animation. The software which is required for 3D animation is more expensive. Therefore 3D animation can cost 5-7 times more than 2D animation.
- Simple and less complex 2D animation involves lesser steps in the design process. So it is easier to produce when compared to 3D animation.
- It gives less importance to the entertainment factor of design and focuses more on delivering the message.
This makes 2D animated videos perfect for explaining your product, service, mobile app, or business.